Phishing attacks are simple, widely used and highly effective — and they can be devastating to the people and organizations they target. In this episode of the Faegre Drinker on Law and Technology Podcast, host Jason G. Weiss sits down with Art Ehuan, vice president of Palo Alto Networks, and Chris Holden, chief information security officer at Crum & Forster, to discuss practices and defense strategies to keep phishing attacks at bay.
The conversation covers a number of questions, including:
- What is a phishing attack? How do cyber “bad guys” generally use phishing attacks — and specific sub-types like “spear phishing” and “whaling”?
- How have phishing attacks evolved over time? Have they become more sophisticated?
- What does a phishing email look like? What should the average person be looking for to protect themselves from phishing and other malicious emails?
- What can employers do to help protect their employees — and their company — from phishing attacks? What should they focus on in “social awareness” trainings related to phishing attacks?
- What enterprise-wide technical steps can organizations take to help minimize network vulnerability to phishing attacks?